BoA or FL?

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

Valgua

BoA or FL?

Post by Valgua »

Hi! As far as I know For Liberty and Birth of America deal with the same historical period. I've heard that both games are nice and I have a hard time making a choice. Can you help me? I suppose that at least someone here owns both games and can give me an advice. Thank you,

Filippo
AlvinS

RE: BoA or FL?

Post by AlvinS »

I have For Liberty and really love the game. I have heard only good things about Birth of America so I will probably get that one soon.

The one difference that I am aware of is that For Liberty allows you to fight the Tactical Battles if you wish or you can let the computer do it.

Birth of America the computer fights the battle for you.

So it is a matter of personal preference as far as tactical battles go.

Both have great features and great reiews, so you will probably be happy with either one.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
regularbird

RE: BoA or FL?

Post by regularbird »

I own both games.  I have had BOA longer and i do enjoy the game.  I have been playing FL for about a week and i love it as well.  My personal opinion is that a hex based game is always beter than and area game.  FL also provides more flexibility in recruiting and training your troops.  I think you will not go wrong with either but FL is certainly the winner in my opinion.

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”