1.21 Test Patch

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

puresimmer

1.21 Test Patch

Post by puresimmer »

The main reason for this test is to see if the 3 or 4 folks having trouble running 1.20 can run. I cannot replicate the issue so this is pretty much an educated guess at one way to attempt to fix the issue. If you are one of the folks having the startup issue give this a shot.

http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/PureSim2007-SetupRelease-v121Patch.exe

This patch also has 1 confirmed fix:

- Fix: In some pre-1920 associations the game would sometimes get caught in a loop while the GM/AI was thinking

Developer, PureSim Baseball
jono

RE: 1.21 Test Patch

Post by jono »

Didn't work for me. 
jono

Post by jono »

And I think I screwed up and didn't put that debug thingee yesterday in the Puresim 2007 folder.  Put it in after this patch and nothing happened.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

I tried the debugger and I didn't get any error, but the program didn't come up either. I noticed it is using about 84000K of RAM even when it doesn't start.

I tried the 1.21 patch with out any success either. If I can be of any help let me know.

Thanks,
Bill
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Red, what OS are you running again?
jono

Post by jono »

In the support thread he said Windows 2000 sp4.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

What IS it with some of you guys?  Each and every patch has run flawlessly for me.

My PC is an old Dell Dimension, so surely, you guys can get this thing to run IF you have XP with SP2, have all your drivers up to date, and turn off all that background sh*t before running the game.   
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Well, PureSim's sys requirements state it runs on 98/2000/XP so its up to me to figure this out.

Obviously the latest OS patched and updated is optimal, but some folks can't do that.

I just wish I could re-create the darn issue (I can't recreate it on my 98 test machine even!)

Deltadog

Post by Deltadog »

It is interesting that some say to turn off background stuff, (I asume thus means firewall and virus), but I have turned 0ff nothing and so far every patch has run on my machine with no problems.
Deltadog
jono

Post by jono »

I have an old Gateway with Windows 98 second edition.  Donations will gladly be accepted to get a better computer.
akcranker

Post by akcranker »

I'm starting to think that this has to do with something with the IE7 stuff that was coded into Puresim.  I'm thinking Puresim is now requiring XP SP2 to run.  Don't quote me on that or nothing.  I'm just guessing but it seems like the only people that are getting the game to work are the ones with XP SP2.
BleacherBum

Post by BleacherBum »

Last week, Microsoft released VirtualPC as a free product. Maybe that helps with the need for multiple environments? And wouldn't it be great if someone could just take a virtual pc that has an error like this and send it in (yeah, probably wishful thinking).

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

jearly

Still Can't Get Game to Open

Post by jearly »

I can run the game fine upto patch version 18.
As soon as I went to 19 I could not get the game to open at all.
I read the forums regarding upgrading to SP2 - I did and my system ran terribly after, So bad in fact I uninstalled it. (Maybe their are other issues there) I did get all current upgrades for SP1 and system is running fine.
I uninstalled Puresim, ReInstalled and it worked fine as I progressed thru the patches 1.01, 110, 1.18 and they all worked fine - I upgraded to 1.19 and nothing. I installed 1.20 and 1.21 after reading that this may help us having Problems. Problem is I still can't get a screen. Task Manager indicates Puresim is running.

I really Love this game and have been an avid follower, all the way back to when I was running this on a 100MHZ system, I'm now on a 2.4Ghz machine, running XP and am finding it frustrating that I'm gonna continually need to upgrade my sysem to play a game.

Any other suggestions or am I stuck at 1.18
The Best Exercise - Is Simply Walking with God !
gibby290

RE: Still Can't Get Game to Open

Post by gibby290 »

I, for one, want to say that the last patch that I could run a 're-play' sim in unattended mode was 1.10. Ever since then the computer gets stuck at it's 'thinking' point. I have stopped the sim and inspected the team. I noticed the team only has 8 pitchers on the roster (Milwaukee) in 1901. One pitcher was exhausted and some other were tired. I tried to take control of the team and fix any problems (didnt' see any) and restart the autoplay. It got stuck about 5 days later in the same spot, with Mil thinking about moves.

It is not my PC or OS. I do Windows server security management for a living and my PC runs like a top! It is always patched and secure as possible with Windows. I am certain it was a change made in 1.10. I am leaning towards the injury code, but I am not certain...hope this helps!

EDIT: A change made POST 1.10
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who think in binary and those who don't
akcranker

Post by akcranker »

ORIGINAL: jearly
running XP and am finding it frustrating that I'm gonna continually need to upgrade my sysem to play a game.

Just want to say that with 99% of the games you buy today you eventually have to upgrade your system to play them. Like a friend of mine bought Oblivion and had to spend $500 on a graphics card and do several windows updates to make sure his system was up to date to play it. That's just part of gaming on computers, there's always something new coming out that you have to upgrade to.
jearly

Post by jearly »

Thanks for the vote of confidence their Al - I know for sure that from reading multiple posts that their are many individuals that save their pennies to be able to buy this game. Many guys are on a budget, in school, etc. Assuming that we are all capable or willing to fork out bucks to play a text sim - befuddles me.
My gut feeling is that if it gets to be a upgrade your equipment problem, Puresim is going to lose some of the faithful.
The Best Exercise - Is Simply Walking with God !

Return to “PureSim Baseball”