Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JosephL

Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free)

Post by JosephL »

Join the Matrix and Playnet staff and the many Matrix fans as we join the Allies THIS weekend, January 28th and 29th. All weekend long we will have a dedicated chat channel and be coordinating attacks. This is a great opportunity to fight side by side with all your matrix friends, and it’s free!

To join please go to www.battleground-europe.com and download the demo from the link available there (Link will be available starting Friday, Jan 27th around 4:00 PM Eastern). Then, create a free trial account.

Once you have done so, login and have your character join the allies (Britain or France). Click on the “F6 button” in the chat bar and select “Custom” and enter the numbers “79.” Now, press F6 and type a greeting. The Matrix Allied Taskforce will fill you in on the basics and where to go from there!

I look forward to seeing some of our forum goers on BGE this weekend. I'll be there pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday... and you can't POSSIBLY be worse than I am (though I am up to two kills with my new character).
Joseph Lieberman
ravinhood

RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free)

Post by ravinhood »

hehe Matrixgames on the Allied side, Paradox fans on the Axis side. I'll come then. lol
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: JosephL
Join the Matrix and Playnet staff and the many Matrix fans as we join the Allies THIS weekend, January 28th and 29th.

AAARGH - not *this* weekend ! - I'll be away all weekend, unless I can convince my wife otherwise (fat chance) or the weather turns really nasty (just started praying for 2' of snow)

But just in case I can make it an innocent question here : can you shoot the guys on your own side ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
JosephL

Post by JosephL »

You can shoot them, but it doesn't do any damage... ... and its a good thing too :)

-Joe
Joseph Lieberman
armyao

Post by armyao »

you can't kill friendlies with weapons, but hit a tree or other object with soldiers on your truck and that will kill them.. or in a plane with a lot of paratroops and you get mad at people telling you that you are teh suck, just nosedive in and kill em all ;-)

oh yeah, and you CAN kill yourself.. drop a nade at your feet or a satchel charge and you'll see what i mean :-)

i'm looking forward to having you guys online with us!! just remember that it's a hard game to get a grip on... just keep at it and before you know it you'll know which tiny black dots on the horizon are enemy and which one's aren't :-)

also, if you wanna see an organized op on the allied side in progress, we have a 4th brigade (British Army) sponsored operation planned for Saturday afternooon starting at 4pm EST (GMT -5:00 (I think LOL)).. tune ch21 if you wanna join in.. it will be fun and give you a taste of what teamwork is involved in taking it to the axis.

S!
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I have also got a couple of armored cars high-grounded on obstacles...this is almost like killing a friendly.

It is a fun game. I dont suppose the new thing will operate on a 733 Mhz machine. [;)]
armyao

Post by armyao »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

I have also got a couple of armored cars high-grounded on obstacles...this is almost like killing a friendly.

It is a fun game. I dont suppose the new thing will operate on a 733 Mhz machine. [;)]

dunno Cap.. 733 is pretty low end.. the biggest help i can be (technically speaking) is to make sure you have plenty of ram.. at least 1 gig is typically recommended. You can play with less, but you'll get a much better experience with at least 1 gig.
MacDR50

Post by MacDR50 »

Sweep for spyware etc, defrag your hard drive and close any unnecessary processes. This game needs your computer's and your connections full attention.
La a'Bhlair s'math na Cairdean
(Friends are good on the day of battle)

gnasche

Post by gnasche »

Required System Specifications (PC)

* Windows XP (Although it runs on everything back to Win95..just no official support for it...and no WinNT)
* 1.2 GHz CPU (2 GHz Recommended)
* 512 MB of RAM (1GB Recommended)
* 128 MB 3d Video Card (OpenGL v1.2 compliant)
* DirectSound-compatibile Audio Card
* 56K Modem or with Internet connection
(broadband internet connection recommended)
* 1GB free hard disc space
* DirectX 9.0 or higher
(joystick recommended)
hardcase

Post by hardcase »

You can d/l the game now and create your account tomorow. 2 weeks should hook a bunch of you. Get the lastest mobo, vid and sound drivers. Post in the help forums for gaming tweaks if needed.
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

I'm logged in...how do I get to the chat to do the 79 thing?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Man do I suck at this game.... but was having a blast.

Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

I might stop by.... haven't played WW2OL in years.... so where do I get my Tommy Gun?
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
benpark

Post by benpark »

That was pretty fun, once I got to where the action was. I am pretty good at getting killed. Who was "Matrix 05"? Thanks for the help!

We should get a proper 6-9 man squad together for tomorrow night. Be great to try some proper tactics out.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
gnasche

Post by gnasche »

I made an interactive Flash guide to help new players get aquianted with the map and find battles quickly: http://www.gnasche.com/map.html

Also, here is a thorough explanation of using the chat radio and channels: http://www.thetrainer.info/radio_commands.htm
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

Marc and myself are online now.... German Paratroopers are landing right on top of us.....

Who's Who from Matrix on Battleground Europe.

David Heath: matrix01

Erik Rutins: matrix02

Marc Schwanebeck: matrix03

Alex Felder: matrix 04

Joe Lieberman: matrix05
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Ha, got two kills credited. Two GE paras, one in the back [:D] and one at 200m, lucky shot.
iaidoka2

Post by iaidoka2 »

I saw you guys yesterday when I was online (Ive just joined a squad). This game is a lot of fun and IMHO fills in the gaps in games like COD etc.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Yeah, it's incredible. I played WW2 online years ago. The game has just sooooo much improved like back then. I'm hooked again. Yehaaah.
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Well, I gave it a whirl, got 1 kill with a Lee Enfield, augered a Hurricane, and pushed around a 2pdr to the ends of the earth. And about 5 minutes ago, while pushing a 2pdr around, I saw David (Matrix01). So I got him to stand still for a nice picture (see below). Hehehehehe.

Attachments
DavidWW2OL.jpg
DavidWW2OL.jpg (22.79 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

Return to “General Discussion”